Saturday 7 September 2013

bio auto graphic - what I did this summer (and early autumn)



This the 23rd in my series of 'zine' publications called 'bio auto graphic'.

"Londonaut!" maps the outside onto the inside, the public to the private - and vice versa - while celebrating the delirious enormity of the capital city. In June and July I twice walked the same circuitous route across it, and saw what there was to see.
Finishing the book has been as satisfying as completing those journeys.
Just in a different way.

Published since 2004, the series has since been exhibited internationally, and collected privately and publically, including Tate and V & A Collections in London. 

Please do come along to the London Art Book Fair at the Whitechapel Gallery between Friday September 13th and Sunday 15th to catch-up, dig deep (this is a mere £4) and
visit Mette Ambeck and I.
See her stuff at www.ambeckdesign.blogspot.com.

You'd be most welcome.

Thanks are due to Charlie Higson – who in some ways is responsible for the series, after a suggestion all those years ago – for Tweeting a link to this today. Good man.

NB - If you look to the right-hand bar of this blog, below my BBC reminiscences I have also added a sequence of the photographs from the 2nd of the London walks to give a flavour of things I saw. Do take a spin through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment