Saturday 27 March 2010

ENSIXTEEN EDITIONS - THE BOOKS - 'bio auto graphic' Scar Issue 2005






After the 'Issue Zero' prototype, I felt sure enough about the format to create a new issue tied to a specific theme. I had already mused on the matter of self-image and what our appearance tells the world, and now I brought together tales of bodily scars and physical peculiarities, of which I have a few myself.
The 'bio auto graphic' tag is here confirmed as a permanent fixture, hinting at a broad agenda; personal storytelling in black line and white paper.
This issue has triggered many interesting discussions, reminiscences and personal stories from readers who all seem to agree with my line here that "anything that marks you out from the crowd is to be cherished, scars included".

Scars lend character, like weather to a landscape.

I also let off steam about aspects of modern life that bemuse or confuse me: cosmetic surgery, body tattooing and piercing included.
It's my book, so I'll rant if I want to.

This is one of the more sombre editions in the series to date, and none the worse for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment